1. Access to and use of the wireless local access network service (Wi-Fi) provided by GCFC Ltd
2. Gold Coast Suns may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions. Since you are bound by
these Terms and Conditions each time you access and use Wi-Fi, you should carefully review
these Terms and Conditions each time you do so.
3. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or use this Wi-Fi.
4. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any reference to "you" or "your" includes
but is not limited to the owner and authorised user of the wireless enabled device used to
access this Wi-Fi.
5. The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland.
Connecting to the Wi-Fi
6. Gold Coast Suns does not warrant or represent that you will be able to access and/or use the Wi-Fi immediately or each time you seek to access Wi-Fi.
7. You are responsible for providing your own computer or mobile device (which must be a wireless enabled device) that is capable of accessing Wi-Fi with its own power source. Gold Coast Suns does not provide power, information technology advice or assistance to any user of the Wi-Fi. You must not use the Wi-Fi under any circumstances if you do not have express permission of the lawful owner of the wireless enabled device.
8. Gold Coast Suns does not guarantee that the Wi-Fi will be compatible with any devices or software which you may use to connect to the Wi-Fi.
Speed and Reliability of the Wi-Fi
9. The speed and throughput of the Wi-Fi will vary depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to: The capabilities of your wireless enabled device; the physical location of the wireless access points within the Stadium; Wi-Fi user traffic during time of access, general internet congestion, wireless signal interference and the location of your wireless enabled device within the Stadium whilst accessing the Wi-Fi.
10. Gold Coast Suns will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with a reliable, stable and secure access to the Wi-Fi but, subject to the Statutory Guarantees referred to below, does not promise that the access to the Wi-Fi will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible. Gold Coast Suns advises that this Wi-Fi access is not suitable for supporting any application or use which requires continuous, fault-free network connectivity or uninterrupted data traffic flow.
11. Gold Coast Suns will use reasonable endeavours to monitor and attend to any Wi-Fi faults, malfunctions or other problems associated with the Wi-Fi access but, subject to the Statutory Guarantees, will not be liable if such faults, malfunctions or problems occur with the Wi-Fi and shall not be obligated to rectify any such faults, malfunctions or problems associated with the Wi-Fi at all or within any specified timeframe.
User Obligations and Limitations
12. The Wi-Fi is intended to be used in a fair and "community-minded" manner. To this end, Gold Coast Suns may, in its absolute and sole discretion, limit or block certain websites and/or content that you may seek to access whilst using the Wi-Fi. Without limiting its rights, Gold Coast Suns may block or limit access to websites and/or content that Gold Coast Suns considers are not "family friendly" or may bring negative exposure or harm to Gold Coast Suns’ reputation and/or brand. This includes but is not limited to websites and/or content that:
- could cause Gold Coast Suns to be in breach of any law or any code or instrument which governs its conduct or to incur a liability to any third person or entity;
- could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the Wi-Fi or any of Gold Coast Suns’ other networks or equipment;
- depicts, alludes to or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour;
- is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or which may contain links to adult websites;
- promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work (including but not limited to file sharing applications such as Limewire, eDonkey, Napster or any other Bit-Torrent or peer to peer applications);
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or
- uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other inappropriate, misleading or deceptive
13. You must comply with all directions issued by Gold Coast Suns relating to use and access to
14. Access to and use of websites and/or content via the Wi-Fi is also subject to such websites
and/or content passing through the firewalls, anti-virus and other managed security systems prior to the Internet pages being delivered to your wireless enabled device, and which are determined and set in Gold Coast Suns’ sole discretion.
Suspension and Termination
15. We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to the Wi-Fi if:
- you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- you attempt to manipulate or bypass any limitations of the Wi-Fi by any means;
- you behave in a vexatious, illegal, inappropriate, or unsociable manner;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that there is a real risk of serious loss or damage to Gold Coast Suns or a third party if we do not suspend, terminate or limit your access;
- there is an emergency; or
- there is an unusually high use of Wi-Fi.
Automatic Logging Out
16. You may automatically be logged-out of the Wi-Fi if your access to the Wi-Fi is suspended or terminated by Gold Coast Suns in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
17. If you are in the process of downloading a file and you are automatically logged-out of the Wi- Fi, your partially downloaded file will not be saved or recoverable. Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, Gold Coast Suns is not liable for loss of your files or data and recommends that you save your work regularly whilst using the Wi-Fi and/or take the necessary precautions to prevent such occurrences.
18. The internet is an inherently unsecure communication medium. Whilst Gold Coast Suns will use reasonable endeavours to provide secure access through this Wi-Fi, it cannot guarantee the security of the Wi-Fi at all times. You are solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated via the Wi-Fi and you are responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
21. These Terms and Conditions and any pages via which you access Wi-Fi may contain material which is subject to intellectual property rights, including copyright. You acknowledge and agree that Gold Coast Suns either owns or licences all such intellectual property rights and that nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights to you.
22. To the extent necessary, Gold Coast Suns grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to access and use the Wi-Fi and any related intellectual property rights, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
23. Your use of Wi-Fi under these Terms and Conditions may be subject to certain guarantees, warranties, terms and conditions imposed by the Australian Consumer Law set out in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (as may be amended from time to time) which that law expressly provides may not be excluded, restricted or modified (Statutory Guarantees). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or otherwise modifies the Statutory Guarantees.
24. Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, your access to and use of this Wi-Fi is entirely at your own risk, Gold Coast Suns makes no warranties or representations as to the accessibility, security, stability or reliability of this Wi-Fi and Gold Coast Suns specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any Wi-Fi faults, failures or interruptions or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made using the Wi-Fi.
25. Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, neither Gold Coast Suns nor any other party involved in delivering the Wi-Fi is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive losses or any loss of profit, revenue or data arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Wi-Fi for any reason whatsoever, even if Gold Coast Suns has been notified or advised of the possibility of such damages.
26. Gold Coast Suns assumes no responsibility, and makes no warranty or representation in relation to, and shall not be liable to you in respect of your use of any third party proprietary software.
27. Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, Gold Coast Suns assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or viruses or other harmful code that may infect your computer or mobile device or other property on account of or in connection with your access to or use of the Wi-Fi.
28. Gold Coast Suns is not responsible for the content of any website accessed or used via the Wi- Fi. Your access to and use of any website or network connection whilst using the Wi-Fi is entirely at your own risk.
Indemnity and Release
29. You agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless, Gold Coast Suns and its personnel, employees, agents and representatives, from and against all loss, damage, liability, charge, expense or cost (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your use of Wi-Fi or breach of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Protecting Privacy
This policy describes the way the AFL and AFL Clubs collect, hold and disclose personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The AFL and AFL Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles. The AFL may vary this policy from time to time, by posting an updated policy accessible via AFL Online.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the AFL's and AFL Clubs' relationship with AFL supporters, employees and players. All personal information received in connection with an AFL or AFL Club product or service, or in the conduct of the AFL's or AFL Clubs' business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the AFL's and the AFL Clubs' legal obligations.
3. Accessing AFL Online
"AFL Online" refers to the Australian Football League website with its top-level domain located at http://www.afl.com.au/, all related sub-domains and any other AFL website (including any AFL Club website) which provides an AFL and AFL Club product, AFL and AFL Club service or AFL-related product or service. You need not disclose your identity to the AFL or AFL Club in order to visit AFL Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however the AFL or AFL Club internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve AFL Online.
The AFL or AFL Clubs may use "cookies" on AFL Online. A cookie is a small text file that AFL Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of AFL Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
When you visit and browse AFL Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
- the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- visiting patterns of individuals accessing AFL Online;
- the IP address of your computer; and
- the path taken through our website.
The AFL or AFL Clubs use website analytic services to help analyse how you use AFL Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of AFL Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to AFL Online. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not associate any data gathered from AFL Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of the AFL's or AFL Clubs' use of Website Analytics.
4. Information Collected
Generally, the AFL and the AFL Clubs collect personal information directly from your use of the AFL's website or AFL Online and any registration you make to receive information, including via email. The personal information which the AFL and AFL Clubs collect and hold includes:
- your name, address, email address, gender, occupation, contact information and your favourite AFL Club;
- information about dealings with us and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
- your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue;
- your IP address and geolocation; and
- information derived from the use of "cookies".
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
If you do not give personal information to the AFL and AFL Clubs, it may affect the ability of the AFL and AFL Clubs to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
5. Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, the AFL and AFL Clubs may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of the AFL or AFL Clubs or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. The AFL and AFL Clubs will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
6. Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
7. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
The AFL collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve AFL Online;
- to provide, and to assist AFL Clubs with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for
the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage AFL and AFL Club's relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of the AFL and the AFL's Clubs;
- to promote and market AFL events, products or services;
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of the AFL, including AFL Clubs and the AFL's digital rights
partner Telstra, as well as their related bodies corporate, to market and promote their products and services
to you; and
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
The AFL and AFL Clubs may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law. Where you provide your personal information directly to one AFL Club, although it may be disclosed to the AFL, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different AFL Club. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between AFL Clubs. For example, if in a transaction you purchase merchandise relating to two AFL Clubs, that transaction may be disclosed to both AFL Clubs.
You consent to the AFL and AFL Clubs using your personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about the AFL or AFL Clubs, or AFL's or AFL Clubs' products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us using the contact details specified in paragraph 9 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
The AFL and AFL Clubs do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy
Act 1988 (Cth).
8. Information Security
The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
9. Contacting the AFL Regarding Access & Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
- request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by the AFL and AFL Clubs at any time;
- make a complaint in relation to a breach of privacy; or
by contacting the AFL's Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. The AFL may charge a fee where access is provided. The AFL may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The AFL aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and the AFL.
The AFL's Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
10. AFL Clubs
For the purpose of this policy, "AFL Clubs" means each of the following:
Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 008 101 568;
Brisbane Bears – Fitzroy Football Club Limited t/a Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club ACN 054 263 473; Essendon Football Club ACN 004 286 373;
Carlton Football Club Limited ACN 005 449 909;
Collingwood Football Club Limited ACN 006 211 196;
Fremantle Football Club Limited ACN 066 055 249;
Geelong Football Club Limited ACN 005 150 818;
GCFC Limited ACN 144 555 822;
Western Sydney Football Club Limited ACN 130 190 242;
Hawthorn Football Club Limited ACN 005 068 851;
Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 005 686 902;
North Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 006 468 962;
Port Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 068 839 547;
Richmond Football Club Limited ACN 065 563 011;
St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited ACN 005 174 836;
Sydney Swans Limited ACN 063 349 708;
West Coast Eagles a division of Indian Pacific Ltd ACN 009 178 894; and
Footscray Football Club Limited t/a Western Bulldogs ACN 005 226 595